What is Search Engine Optimization?
Search engine optimization (SEO) is a set of rules, which are followed by the owners of the site or blog to optimize their site for the search engine and increase their ranking.
SEO is consistently a major driver of growth and customer acquisition for ecommerce stores. SEO helps to increase the ranking of the site in the search engines like Google or Bing. It makes the easy approach to the site for the user.
Why SEO IS Important For Your Website?
The most important aspect of doing SEO for a site is to make it easy for the user and the robots of search engine to understand. Search engines are become so sophisticated now days but they still can’t see or understand the way a human can. SEO helps to understand the value of each page and create it unique for the search of its user.
They are many ways to make your business popular by phonebook ads, flyers, radio commercials, paid online ads, and more. But these will cost you more money. On the other hand, if customers find your business by using a search engine it’s like free website traffic (also called organic traffic). SEO is the most cost effective way to bring the customer to your door step of the business.
ROI & Conversion Rate in SEO.
The ROI and conversion rate in SEO is very high as compare to other online and offline methods as people have a general trust factor on organic listings rater than other forms of advertisement on search engines.
Types Of SEO
On Page SEO
On page SEO is the important aspect of the SEO because it’s where all is in your control. Its include that your web site use all the right HTML tags and data structured to correctly markup your content.
Important elements of On page SEO:
- Keywords: Every page has its own objective and unique keyword to identify the purpose of page to the search engine.
- Title Tags: The title tags are showed in the search engine results and browser tab, and it’s the important SEO ranking factor.
- Header tags: Almost all the sites are divided in sections, and header tags are used as the label and should have the keyword in it.
- Body content: Pages ought to contain the first keyword and have a minimum of three hundred words of text. Something less puts them in peril of falling beneath Google’s “thin content” penalty, mandated by the Panda algorithmic rule update.
- Internal Linking: Universal navigation bars make sure that the necessary sections of your web site square measure perpetually accessible to users and search engines, regardless of what page they are on. it is also counseled to link to relevant sections of an internet site once they are mentioned at intervals the body content.
Off Page SEO
Off page SEO is basically made up of Links to your website from the other sites.
Some SEO experts thinks that more links are better, no matter where they come from. More links can damage your site if they are from the low quality source. The high quality link make your site more strong then others.
Important elements of Off page SEO:
- Back linking: Search engines checks the back links as vote of website popularity, so the more high quality back links can increase the ranking of the site in the search engine.
- Social Media: As social media use rapidly took over the web, search engines took notice, integrating a URLs presence on social media into their ranking algorithms. If a promotion or sale page is highly shared, it positively affects its search engine rankings.
Local SEO refers to google maps SEO optimization these days on certain keywords google maps local listings appear on top of organic results.
The term backlinking refers to the point that how many quality & relevant sites are linking to your website.
White Hat SEO
A White Hat SEO refers to all the techniques used for optimizing your site “as per the guidelines of google webmaster” and not doing any spam activities in order to rank a website.
Black Hat SEO
A Black Hat SEO refers to all the techniques used for optimizing your site “which do not comply with guidelines of google webmaster” and doing spam activities in order to rank a website.
Common Misconceptions Regarding SEO
Hiring Wrong or Cheap SEO Company or A Cheap SEO Freelancer
A lot of people who escape from the first trap fall into this trap, to be a successful SEO freelancer or Company one has get at least 3 to 5 years’ experience and working on almost 100 projects and in different field to be an SEO Expert Or A SEO Company. So always look for the portfolio and ask for the local and international projects that they have handled and if they could show your some ranked keywords for your record and satisfactions that’s a good deal.
I don’t need SEO Expert I rather do it my Self
This seems to be a common problem with new business starters and people with less budget and non IT background that because of a lot of information and misinformation on the internet people fall in these two traps and then at the end get their website penalized by Google.
Why Most People Fail in SEO?
As today in modern era there are many people and websites over the internet that claim to teach you SEO, also you can learn it free of cost as they claim and in Google era its not so difficult to get information but you need to understand 2 things that:
- Only getting information about one thing doesn’t mean that you are an expert in it.
- You have to understand the fact that you cant become expert in all fields if you really are an expert, to be an expert you have to keep your focus in one direction.
The So Called Guaranteed SEO Package!
There is so much of wrong information regarding SEO on the internet and people making false claims and guarantees to rank you first in Google, firstly you need to understand this that Google itself doesn’t guarantee any rankings itself, I have personally called and talked with Google representatives thewy never give any guarantee themselves they just give you guidelines to help your rank but nothing is guaranteed here.
Now that you have understood that, Inspite of the fact that there are no guarantees in SEO if you follow the SEO guidelines and best practices and hire a Professional SEO Company or an SEO Expert you will get good results.
Timeline for SEO Results
SEO is a process and it takes time like people before you who are on top of rankings right now they didn’t come on top overnight they have been working behind the scenes for a long time to get juicy results and also you need to consider what budget you are spending on SEO, how big is their SEO team and their overall online marketing Budget and Strategy. You need to work smart to beat them all.